The Race was headquartered at the Frisco Trail Mini Storage and Bike Depot located on the trail and at the Southern end of Willard. Owners Bart and Rita Williams graciously turned over their entire operation to the entrants and volunteers who make this the biggest fundraiser for the Ozark Greenways.
Part of the OGAR adventure is keeping the race course details secret until race day.
Here is a synopsis of the course events.
The race had a ‘Short Course’ option which occurred simultaneously with a "Long Course." To help spread out the teams, they went through the events in different sequences.
(1) Bike to Ritter Springs Park Pond
(2) Orienteering / Trek
(3) Short Bike ride to Sac River Mountain Bike Trailhead
(4) Mountain Biking Course
(5) Return to Ritter Springs Park Pond for Water Event
(6) Bike to HQ and the Finish Line
(1) Bike to Lost Hills Checkin Area
(2) Run to Truman School and return
(3) Orienteering and Trek
(4) Bike to Sac River Mountain Bike Trailhead
(5) Mountain Biking Course
(6) Bike to Ritter Springs Park Pond for Water Event
(7) Bike to HQ and the Finish Line
Here is a link to Google Maps showing the major checkin points. It does not include the details of the actual Sac River Mountain biking trail selected nor does it show the detailed orienteering points used in the race.
2013 Map - http://goo.gl/maps/x2ZhT
The instructions provided to each team are in these two documents. The teams used these and simplified street maps to determine their routes.
Short Course Description 2013
Long Course Description 2013
Reach the Race Director (Monty Montgomery) at (417) 869-0990 or RaceDirector-at- greenwayrace.org.